Two days in at the middle school. I have to say my first two hours are a breeze. The students are so alert and quiet. Also, I have my two prep periods in between those classes so it's a nice break. As much as I love the quiet classes, I'm also starting to really enjoy those loud classes. Although they can be hard to control and I will probably end up losing my voice, they are so energetic. When I was done with the afternoon classes yesterday, I was questioning how I was going to make it through the year. After I moved some students around and gave it another shot, it went so great. I have 30 students in my 6th hour class so they are my loudest. I had a small word scramble on the board today and it ended up turning into a big game and the students were getting so into it. Unfortunately, I had to move them along because every hour today I ran out of time. Anyway, I felt it was necessary to give a few reactions to the first couple days, but I am spent now. Good thing I'm getting to bed early. It's getting harder and harder to wake up, not because I'm tired, but because it's now dark out in the morning!
Adios from the teacher world,
Marissa
ps. the best part of my day has to be when I can finally comb out my knotty hair and put it up in a pony tail. When 3 o'clock hits, you know where my hair will be! Hah
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment